Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine Surprise!

Cory, decided to plan our "Valentines Day Celebration" on Feb 11 instead of on the 14th due to him having to work at night and not being able to spend much time together. So, he told me to keep my night free from 6pm and on. (Jess came into town this weekend to do some work and school stuff and we both were really busy so we couldn't hang out much but it was good to see her the time that I did.) All day Cory was working on "secret things" to prepare for the night. So, I knew something was going down. He came to pick me up around 6 and first took me to dinner. Somewhere we had not been with one another, Outback Steakhouse. He had already called in which helped so we didn't have to wait long. Very smart on his part :-).  We shared our meal of course and just reminisced of good times and talked about our busy lives. He then took me to the temple and we walked around and took kissing pictures (one of Cory's favorite things to do. Don't ask me why?) After, Cory just started to drive to the middle of no where. He had planned this so well, because I had not ever know of this place he took me. He got his GPS out like he was trying to find a place he had been before or earlier that day. He gave me blankets to keep warm which was so nice. And he grabbed a shovel from the back of his truck and then he said, "follow me". So we walked in the brush and came to this area that was kind of down in a crevice. And there were camping chairs, logs, cardboard, a bag of goodies for hot chocolate, and s'mores. It was so cute! He set up our little camp and dug out a fire pit and made a little fire for us to warm water and so we can make s'mores and to stay warm.
making hot choc-o-late

watching the movie
He then got out his phone and played one of my favorite movies, The Dark Night, on his phone and we both had head phones to listen to it in front of the crackling fire. It was the sweetest thing. I felt so loved and appreciated. He wouldn't let me do much, which was hard for me but it was so nice of him to take all his free time to set this night up for us. Since we both had to wake up early that morning, I had sadly started to fall asleep as we were watching the movie. The night was still young and he still had plans. So we cleaned up the site and put out the fire and headed back to his house. Something I forgot to mention, which just shows how busy he is and how doing all this for me was amazing! He had to take a quiz for his IT class online before midnight and it was too late to hurry and pack everything up and get back to the house in time for him to take his test. So he took it out there in the middle of now where with barely any service and no book. He got 100%. (Not to mention it was only 5 questions, but still!) Anyway, so we got to the house and Sneaky Cory had grabbed one of my swim suits from my house earlier and planned that we go hot tubbing to finish the night out as we watched the movie on his phone. What a amazing night! He surprised me, which I usually can't be surprised. I don't even think I've ever done anything on a Valentines Day before with someone. Thanks Cory for making me feel special and overly loved. I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment